Yes I did, too!
When Kristin from Iowa Girl Eats posted about her amazing batch of cinnamon swirl french toast yesterday I knew that I had to make it. Scratch that, we all know that Carl is the amazing cook in our house, so he made it while I packed lunches for tomorrow.
Unfortunately we don’t have a Great Harvest in Florida so I couldn’t use their bread for this recipe but I squeeled with delight when I saw that Pepperidge Farms swirl breads were BOGO this week!
You know you want some of this.
Brown sugar cinnamon swirl french toast
For the french toast:
- 1/2 c. egg whites
- 1/2 c. unsweetened soy milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- splash of orange juice
- six slices of bread
For the cream cheese filling:
- 1 c. whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
Toppings: anything you want! We used blueberries, a banana cinnamon and about a tbs. of maple syrup.
- Dip each piece of swirl bread in the french toast egg mix and cook over medium heat until brown. Flip over to cook the other side.
- Once all of the french toast is cooked, place one piece of french toast on a plate, spread some cream cheese filling and add a few slices of banana.
- Repeat until your stack has three slices and top with the remaining banana, blueberries, cinnamon and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Yeah. It’s that good.
Stay tuned for several race recaps (I’ve done three in the past three months!) and a general life update coming later this week. Only FOUR MORE DAYS until spring break!